Friday, May 6, 2011

What Do I Want From High School?

I want what I suppose every teenager wants out of high school; an education and a good time. Most teenagers simply sail through school, partying their way until graduation. As long as you can keep up a decent grade average, who cares? Senior year is when most kids worry their brains off. Then there are those kids who actually care about what happens with their grades before senior year. That would be me…..kind of.
I want to be able to get into an amazing college and have a successful career. But I also don’t want to be worrying away my high school experience with what’s going to happen after I graduate. College is a huge thing for me, but really, it’s not even college that I’m worried about. It’s whether or not the college I get into can fully prepare me for the future I want. My life practically revolves around my love of music and my passion for writing. I can fully understand that both careers are difficult to make a future in, but I also know that you are most likely going to be a successful writer than a famous musician. So that’s what I hope to achieve through high school. I want it to teach me as much as it possibly can about writing and how I can be an amazing writer.
Also, I find it ridiculous when people are too uptight and worrisome to actually get out and have some fun. High school is a time to get out and party. It’s a time to try new experiences and find out who you are so that when you finally mature enough to get out of your parents house, you know who you are and what/ where you need to be. I know that you shouldn’t do drugs or drink or be a complete slut, but you don’t need to sit in the house all day, studying over some huge textbook. That doesn’t make you relax more because you think you know the information, it worries you that you aren’t studying hard enough or working enough. It’s actually okay to go out and have fun.
Lastly, I hope to show the world that I am who I am, to find myself so that when I move out I never have to question it. I know most people hope to find themselves one day or even say that they’ll just be who they think themselves to be, but I’m not them. I don’t feel like I fully know exactly who I am. I get who I want to be, things that I enjoy, but there’s a difference between knowing who you are and doing what you know. I want to be who I am, accomplish what I want, and make sure everyone around me knows that I’m not about to change the way I am or who I am for anyone.
So, what do I want from High School? I want to find myself, get an education, and have the experience of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment